French Bean with Black Sesame Seed
Rich in vitamins and minerals, sesame seeds are crunchy and delicious. Black sesame seeds have a slightly stronger flavour than the white and yellow sesame and visually provide a delightful contrast to the French beans. This is a lovely little recipe that will make your tummy happy, whether on its own as starter or as an accompaniment to a main course.
– 150g French Beans
– 2tsp Yutaka Black Roasted Sesame Seeds
– 1tsp Sugar
– A Pinch of Salt
How to prepare:
1. Wash the French beans in water and then cut them in half lengthways.
2. Place the French beans and a pinch of salt in boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain in a sieve and leave to cool down.
3. Grind the black sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar until they are half ground.
4. Combine the sugar, soy sauce and sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well. Add the French beans to serve.